Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Justin update - 27th June 2012

I have to admit, this is getting harder and harder now. I feel like I want to report on every tiny change, good or bad. As time goes on, we feel that with every passing minute he's getting closer and closer to waking up or taking the next leap forward whatever that may be. The reality is that although there has been some flickers of hope, movement of his arms and legs, another attempt at opening his eyes and even a yawn, yes a yawn the cheeky bugger! But alas there has been no major improvement in terms of how the doctors are evaluating his level of consciousness. He is now back on the ventilator as his breathing wasn't consistent enough for him to breath independently, which means he remains in ICU for now at least.

We shouldn't feel disappointed, his condition has not worsened that's for sure. We are now on day 7 since the accident and he's still very much with us. He's just have a little breather before he moves forward to the next level.

I personally am finding a lot of comfort and reassurance in hearing and reading about inspiring and amazing recovery stories, not random ones from the Internet but from friends experiences. I won't mention names here, you know who you are, thanks for sending them. I read them over and over, please keep them coming, you can message them to me. They really do give me hope and strength, which I need to pass on to Justin twice a day.

Dad and I had two sessions with him today, Dad has a very calming influence over Justin, a man of few words, they are both equally happy to sit in each others company, in silence and just let the world go by, a very special bond indeed.

I played Justin some more Doors in the morning and then at the request of Barney, some Snow Patrol, starting with the track "Open Your Eyes". He didn't so I played him "Maybe Tomorrow" by the Stereophonics.

No comments:

Post a Comment