Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quick Update - 13th September 2012

We are home!!!

After a hellish 14 hour ambulance drive to Mumbai, 5 hour wait in the airport, 9 hour flight to Heathrow and a 90 min drive to Chelmsford, we finally arrived at Broomfield Hospital at 21.30pm. I can honestly say that it was the most emotionally challenging 30 hours of my life, so I can't imagine what it must have been like for Justin. But like everything he has done so far, he dug deep, put a brave face on and came through, Justin you are a LEGEND!

Justin is now settled into his new surroundings and I can't tell you how relieved we all are. On entering ward 125 and meeting Jill Downey, the senior ward sister and all of the other nursing staff, a huge weight fell from my shoulders. But there's no rest for the wicked in there, today he will start his new round of therapies. There's no more 24 hour bedside vigil for us either, with a strict routine and timetable to follow, our visiting times are restricted to 2 sessions per day. This is where the magic happens, I can feel it.

We left the hospital at 23.00pm as there was a hive of activity around Justin's bed. I shed a tear or two but knowing that he is in good hands now!

A special thank you to the Nusi Wockhardt Hospital and a huge thank you to everyone in Goa for their support, fundraising and love, we'll never be able to thank you enough and we'll never forget what you have done for Justin and our family. We love you all XXX. We're now looking forward to seeing some friends here in the UK.

A more detailed update to follow on Justin progress both in the last 2 weeks and over the next few days... once I get some sleep.

C'MON JUSTIN!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott do keep us posted as you are doing so beautifully... I'm only half an hour from Broomfield- Southend- would love to visit- read poetry... sing!!! (actually best not!) hahha I'd simply love to see Justin.... let me know if I can..... xxxx I'm close by and please if you need anything I can be there in shot x

    ReplyDelete